Stacy Nash Primitive Designs
6844 Silver Tree Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46236

stacy.nash@att.net


Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Well everybody...I planned to get this updated earlier but my day kinda fell apart.

So, here we go....
I have a lot of ground to cover. But first, I want to start this out by saying THANK YOU to everybody that has supported me over the years.  I appreciate your kindness and friendship more than you will ever know. Some of you I've known from the very start of this journey and others I've just met. I love hearing from you, meeting you at retreats and seeing your finished pieces.  You inspire me.

And I'd be lying if I said this journey has been a smooth one.  We've had some growing pains and bumps along the way.  It's not always pretty here on the homestead. If you don't know it's just me and my Mom that run this funny farm.  She's the cruise director of pattern making and shipping and I design. There are days she wants to kill me and days I want to choke her.  But we're a team and I couldn't do it without her.

And The Studio.....wow what a ride that has been.  It's just now starting to take shape and I do love being there.  Still lots of bugs to work out but it's a great space.  I have to be honest and say that I knew it was going to be rough getting it going but I didn't anticipate how rough it would really be.  It's knocked me down and made me cry but I've stuck it out.  
I've had lots of requests to have some classes and I do intend to offer them.  And maybe even have some friends come in and teach as well.  
 Now....on to some fun stuff...
  
The second in the series...
Berry's Chapel Road Series
~Turkey Hollow Farm Sampler~

 A boy and his faithful dog and trusty riffle setting off to do a little turkey hunting among the bittersweet and pumpkins.

finished size 13" by 10 1/2"

36 count Weeks Dye Works ~Beige~
Weeks Dye Works threads
Gunmetal
Palomino
Twilight
Hazelnut
Tiger's Eye
Schneckley
Dolphin
Havana
Straw
Loden
Whiskey

Pattern $14.

Next are patterns from Fall Market....

~Pumpkin Harvest Pinkeep~
finished size 13" by 8"

35 count Weeks Dye Works ~Confederate Grey~

Gentle Arts threads
Endive
Espresso Bean
Garden Gate
Wheat Fields
Straw Bonnet

Pattern $14.
Thread Pack $11.50 

~Thistle & Spells Pinkeep~

finished size 9" by 8"

32 count Weeks Dye Works ~Tin Roof~

Gentle Arts threads
Old Purple Paint
Apple Cider
Garden Gate
Carriage Black
Oatmeal

Pattern $12.
Thread Pack $11.50 

~Mourning Tree Sewing Bag~

finished size 11 1/2" by 12 1/2"

32 count Weeks Dye Works ~Tin Roof~

Gentle Arts threads
Endive
Black Licorice
Carriage Black
Parchment
Heirloom Gold

Pattern $14.
Thread Pack $11.50


~Whaling Ship Sewing Tray & Pinkeep~
finished size Tray 8 1/2" by 9 1/2" by 3" high
Pinkeep $ 1/2" by 5"

35 count Weeks Dye Works ~Dove~
Gentle Arts threads
Chamomile
Cranberry
Carriage Black
2-Straw Bonnet
Black Licorice
Tin Bucket

Pattern $14.
Thread Pack $15.70 
 

 


  ~Potions Sewing Pouch~
finished size 7" by 8"

35 count Weeks Dye Works ~Confederate Grey~
Gentle Arts threads
Espresso Bean
Gingersnap

Pattern $12.

And this is a brand new little pattern....
~Pinkeep Ball~
A great way to use up all those little scraps of linen, cotton and velvets.
Piece them together to make this sweet little Pinkeep 
 
Pattern $12. 

And a few kits....
~Peacock in the Pumpkin Patch~
This sweet little Pinkeep was designed for ~In the Spirit of Friends Show~ in Luca, OH at Malabar Farm.
It's stitched on 32 count Weeks Dye Works ~Parchment~ with Gentle Arts threads.
And it measures 13" wide by 5 1/2" high.

I came home with just a few kits and would be happy to send them to anyone interested.

The Kit includes:
a complete pattern
finishing and aging instructions
linen
threads
velvet
cotton fabric for back

Kit $40. plus travel

And finally, a few finished pieces....
~Large Thimble Box~

measures 3 1/4" in diameter and 4" high

The Box is covered in vintage wallpaper and it's aged nicely.
The Pincushion on the top is hand stitched and stuffed with sawdust.  I finished the seams with tiny little stitches.
And the Strawberry is aged velvet with a wool top.  It's also stuffed with sawdust and I've added a little ribbon to the top.
Both the pincushion and strawberry are attached to the top of the box.

Inside the lid I stitched a little horse and branch of flowers.
The box is filled with old mother-of-pearl buttons, an old thimble and an old envelope of needles.

This is a signed original design

Sorry, I'm Sold


 
~Small Thimble Box~
measures 2 1/2" in diameter and 3 1/2" high

The box is covered in vintage wallpaper and aged nicely.
The Pincushion is hand stitched and stuffed with sawdust.  I've finished the seams with tiny X's.
The Strawberry is velvet with a wool top. It is also stuffed with sawdust and I've added a little thread bow to the top.
Both the pincushion and strawberry are attached to the top of the box.  
Inside the lid I've added a little stitched horse and the date 1795.
The box is filled with old mother-of-pearl buttons and an old thimble.

This is a signed original design

Sorry, I'm Sold
  

 ~Black Strawberry Pinkeep~
measures approx. 3" long
 This sweet little strawberry is hand stitched velvet that has been aged nicely.
The top is hand dyed green wool with a black ribbon.
It's stuffed with sawdust and I've finished the seam with tiny little X's.

$24. plus travel


 ~Blush Pink Strawberry~
measures approx. 3" long

This sweet little strawberry is hand stitched velvet that has been aged nicely.
The top is hand dyed brown wool with a brown ribbon.
It's stuffed with sawdust and I've finished the seam with tiny little X's.

$24. plus travel


And Linen....

Weeks Dye Works 
32 count Beige 18" by 24"
32 count Tin Roof 18" by 27"
35 count Dove 18" by 24"
35 count Confederate Grey 18" by 24"

$24. each plus travel 




 Thank you again my friends for your kindness and support.
Please email me at 
stacy.nash@att.net
with orders and questions.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Happy Stitching...

Smiles,
Stacy








13 comments:

Patti said...

Lovely Stacy! So glad to see you back on your blog :) I'll be stalking my mailman soon!
Blessings, Patti

cucki said...

Wow so sweet *•*
I love them all :)
Big hugs x

Lida said...

Just love seeing all those beautiful creations and immediately want to search for fabric, patterns (I still have lots of your designs waiting!) and thread and making one of your fabulous creations! So sorry I stop now and start looking!
Hugs from Holland
Lida

llknbillburg said...

All of these are just so lovely!! And I love your horses! Laura

Penny Shepherd said...

Glad you have stuck with it! Growing pains are hard but they make us stronger. I love your designs Stacy!! I'm about to get to ordering!

marly said...

Stacy, you are amazing. Your designs and finished pieces are everyone's favorites. Best wishes for your Studio. The harder it is to achieve, the more gratifying is the success!

Colleen said...

Such awesome designs and finishes! Love them all! I want to come to The Studio soon and pick out my patterns and threads in person. I see where you have taken the dates of the open houses off of your blog. When is your next open house? I haven't been able to come since your grand opening, but definitely want to get there.

Mouse Droppings Folk Art said...

Always a pleasure and a delight to view your new patterns...love them!
Cheers, Susan

Unknown said...

The next Open House is Nov. 21 and 22
10 to 6 both days
The last Open House of the year.
Will be posting next years Open a House dates
soon.

Ricamo a Doppio Filo said...

I love them all!
Naty

Unknown said...

great post
very interesting
i really liked


Obat Herbal Kanker Hati

CAESAR SHOP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love your finished Thimble boxes! I also love the cross Stitch pattern at the beginning of your blog. what is the name of it? love you Stacy and everything you do.