Stacy Nash Primitive Designs
6844 Silver Tree Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46236

stacy.nash@att.net


Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Let me tell you a little more....

Ok.....so I've been talking about The Studio.
Let me tell you a little more about this grand scheme.

Most of you know I'm a cross-stitch designer. But I love any kind of handwork.....wool appliqué, rug hooking, punch needle (even though I'm terrible) and knitting (even though I don't know how to yet). I love antiques and decorating and fresh flowers.....all of it inspires me.

I've been working out of the house for the past 8 years and I ran out of room after the 2nd year.  Between kids and animals it's all just a hot mess.  
So...in the Fall I was fed up and started driving around the area looking at spaces to rent. 
Heck, even a garage space would work.
But, my Mom found this awesome late 1800's brick storefront in a fun little town just 8 minutes from our house.  She saw the business was moving and she was sure it would go up for rent.
We'll....she was right.
We drove by on our way to get ice cream and I saw the For Rent sign.
I called that night.....a few days later we met and BOOM.....The Studio is going to be a reality.
I still can't believe it.

Why 'The Studio'?
For months I searched for the perfect name but nothing seemed right.
We did research on the building thinking we could use that information but still nothing.
We all called it the studio when we talked about the space so in the end that's what we decided to go with.  

Where is The Studio?
35 S. Main Street
Fortville, Indiana

Perfect small town USA
Our top 3 favs in Fortville are The Fort Grill.....our most favorite place to have dinner.  We've been know to go 3 times in the same week....lol
Indulge....a great place to have lunch and treats....they have an old soda fountain.
And Java Junction for coffee treats.
Fortville has much more to offer that I'll talk about in the coming weeks and months.

What will The Studio offer?
The front half of the space will be retail and I will fill it with all the things I love.....antiques, linens, wools, threads, velvets, candles, fabrics, patterns, kits and seasonal goodes.
The back half of the space is my most favorite because it's really rough but I can see so much potenial.  I'll use it as my work space but it will be open for events and classes.
I want people to come to The Studio to have a fun day and leave inspired.

When will The Studio be open?
I hope to have the Grand Opening around the end of April or the first of May.  There is still so much to be done.....the tin ceiling needs some repairs and all the lighting has to be changed.
I will be posting a date for you soon.

What kind of hours will The Studio have?
Right now I'm thinking about one day a week and one weekend a month with events scattered throughout the year.  But if I'm there working it will be open and I will post a phone number so you can call to make sure someone will be there.
This is just the start....we will see how it goes.

Stay tuned my friends......this is going to be a fun ride......



19 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Stacy,
Congratulations on a long awaited dream soon to be realized! How exciting for you!! I have been so inspired by your work over the years and own many of your patterns!!
I wish you the very best and only wish I lived closer!! I look forward to hearing more!!
Warm Blessings and Hugs~
Julie

LaNelle said...

Stacy,
Sounds just wonderful wishing you much success on your new adventure if I ever visit your state I will be sure to stop in for a visit.
Cheers!

cucki said...

Wow so nice :)
Congrats dear..I am so happy for you and sending you lots of best wishes xx

bayrayschild said...

How exciting!
CONGRATS!

Audrey

Lori Ann Corelis said...

How very exciting!!
A must to come see!

L

moosecraft said...

This sounds like a slice of heaven! Best of everything to you! Can hardly wait to see some pics!

The Eveningstitcher said...

OH Stacy...I can't wait! I am retiring soon and am planning a trip to your shop...I know it will be spectacular! You're only about 5 hours from my house (I've already Google mapped it)...so it will be a little 2 or 3 day get-away for my husband and I! So excited for you!!

Barb said...

I sure wish Washington State was not so far from Indiana!

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I wish England was not so far from America!! Congratulations Stacy. I am sure it will be a wonderful dream come true. From your bestest UK fan. Irene xxx

Lizzy said...

Congrats. The best of luck to you.

Deb said...

How exciting Stacy! Wishing you every success! Deb

Chris said...

Congratulations Stacy!! Everything sounds wonderful.

Me and My Stitches said...

SO exciting! I hope I can get over that way one day to see it all!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

It sounds like so much fun (even with the hard work) and adventure! Can't wait to see and hear more!

msmartello said...

Congrats!! Sounds so exciting! Wish I lived closer so I could come visit.

rx2massey said...

Would love to visit The Studio when it opens...congratulations on realizing a dream!

Annmarie said...

I will circle it on my calendar - you are just a few hours and for a stitcher that is nothing - we travel to visit wonderful people and shops. Look forward to meeting you soon!

Prairie Primitives Folk Art said...

How exciting!

I had a shop in Lafayette ... 30 years ago. That was when I was weaving baskets and sold basketry supplies and my finished baskets and some gifty stuff.

Vacant buildings, especially when they have character and (location! location! location!) still catch my eye, but so far I've resisted the temptation ...

Best of luck with your new adventure!

Bless Your Heart pRiMs said...

I just love your designs & so excited for you to have a shop! My daughter used to live in Fortville & now lives in McCordsville. I'm going to tell her about it, so she can come to see you sometime.